Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pied Fantail

Since I didn't get any birds in Permatang Nibong earlier, I decided to try my luck at another popular birding site in Penang, known as Pulau Burung which is - Bird Island in English. So, as the name suggests, there are many species of birds in this area. Besides a number of water birds in the pond area, I managed to get a few shots of the mangrove birds around the pond. Among them is this very friendly 'Pied Fantail'

I was sitting in the car when I saw this bird having it's 'breakfast' of flies on the ground   ....



























Still having breakfast on the ground































Breakfast over! off to work now!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and nice posture of 'Mad Bird'.
    Look so tame, must be a juvenile. Adult sure "Gila" to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colour looks like a juve. Nampak belum betul2 gila lagi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memang gila pun! I was shooting at 1/320 sec. to try and freeze the movement.

    ReplyDelete