Thursday, November 4, 2010

Temminck’s Sunbird

Pergau, 20th October 2010

I was driving along the road to Renyok Intake when I saw this bright red little bird flew across the road about 50m in front of me. I quickly grabbed my gear and shot a few frames through the car window. I knew very well that without a suitable support, getting good photographs of this little bird is next to impossible but since this is a lifer for me, I wouldn’t want to miss the opportunity without trying. Something is always better than nothing! Don’t you think so?

Getting a clean shot of this ‘super-active’ little bird was made even more difficult by the dense leaves and branches of the tree that he chose to land on. Here are some of the photos that I managed to capture.

20101020-ARI_2930 

 

Looking at the white spots on the breast and the shorter than expected tail, I believe this is a young male.

20101020-ARI_2928

20101020-ARI_2908

20101020-ARI_2921

1 comment:

  1. Great job with this beautiful lifer eventhough they were taken handheld.

    ReplyDelete