Saturday, September 4, 2010

Dragon of the Forest

There are times when getting shots of birds are simply too hard and what I usually do is to turn my attention to other creatures of the forest. Here are some of the creatures I shot during those unproductive bird photography sessions.

I was hiding behind a fallen log near a stream hoping that the Blue eared Barbet would come closer but it simply ignored my wish and flew away. Then I noticed a few species of dragon flies busily defending their perch right in front of me, here are the shots.

ARI_9695-121

ARI_7725-140

Dfly3

Dfly1

Dfly4

Dfly5 ARI_7805-80

2 comments:

  1. You got tremendous detail there Ari, especially the fouth one down. Is that the Red Grasshawk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Phil, these photos show incredible details of the dragonflies. I also turn my attention towards dragon/butterflies when there is no bird to photograph as well. I wish birds are as easy to photograph as these insects.

    ReplyDelete